- Workshop Proposals are now being accepted for our 2013 Conference at Niagara-on-the-Lake. Please go to the Conference page for further information. See you there!
- Rapport February 2013, Volume 35, Number 1 is now available online in PDF.
- In light of recent events in the United States, you may find these links useful to help navigate the issues. Check with your board’s resources as well.
Dealing with Incidences of School Violence -
- National Association of School Psychologists http://www.nasponline.org/
- http://www.hpedsb.on.ca/ec/policiesprocedures/archive/Resource%20Guides/Tragic%20Event%20Resource%20Guide%20-%20Master.pdf (Hastings Prince Edward County)
- UCLA Center of Mental Health in Schools http://sswaa.org/associations/13190/files/After%20the%20trauma%20help%20child%20cope.pdf
Read the September 2012 issue of Rapport here in PDF
Many of our OHASSTA teachers and executive members have been selected as recipients of the Diamond Jubilee Medal. The Diamond Jubilee Medal, a new commemorative medal, was created to mark the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II in June 2012.
OHASSTA president Jan Haskings Winner, pictured with Jeremey Diamond, was selected for her work with the Historica Dominion Institute. OHASSTA excecutive member Flora Fung, pictured with Derill Henderson (vice chairman of the National Council of Veterans Associations Canada) was selected for her work with the Hong Kong Veterans Association.
Past Events Summer 2012
- June 1 -Workshop Proposals for OHASSTA conference are due!
- June 14th – Free 1812 educator event at Brock University. Includes dinner, screening, panel discussion and educator resources. Emailevents@discover1812.com to register.
- June 18th – Archives Ontario will Tweet the diary of an Ontario Farmer who lived through the War of 1812. Check out Archives Ontario for resources and the hash tag in June.
- June 21 - Friends of Laura Secord 32 km hike
- July 9-14 - Historical Thinking Summer Institute in Toronto
- July 20-29 - Summer Institute in Iqaluit by CWF Learning Institute.
- August 7-10 – EduGAINS Literacy Camp in Kempenfelt
- August 13-17 – Holocaust and Human Behaviour by Facing History and Ourselves in Toronto.
- August 28-29 - OJEN Summer Institute in Toronto. Great resource for Law teachers. Low registration fee and excellent resources